Be a part of The SMYAL Volunteer crew!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with SMYAL. We are excited to have a fresh group of volunteers who joined the family following our volunteer training on April 13. We do not have any regular volunteering positions open at this time, but please check back regularly for new opportunities.
Volunteer with us at Capital Pride 2013!
After winning the Elizabeth Taylor award for Best Nonprofit Contingent in 2012, we are looking to assemble a team of youth and adult volunteers to help SMYAL make an even bigger splash this year. The Pride Planning Committee will decide our theme and activities for our presence at 4 major Capital Pride events: Youth Pride Day, the Capital Pride Parade, the Youth Dance at Capital Pride, and the Capital Pride Festival. To find out more about the roles our Pride Committee volunteers will play throughout Pride, please click here, and you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
How can I help?
- Youth Center staffing (Computer Labs, Events, etc.)
- Office support in outreach, program preparation, communications and development
- Facilitating with discussion groups
- Planning and organizing for Pride season and other annual events
What do I need to do in order to volunteer?
- Your energy and enthusiasm
- Complete the volunteer application
- Attend a Volunteer 101: SMYAL Orientation
- We require you to be at least 22 to volunteer and 24 to work directly in youth programming
- We require a federal background check of all our volunteers before working with youth
Sean LinkOperations & Communications Coordinator