Beginning Monday, March 16th, SMYAL main offices will begin working remotely while continuing to offer vital programs for LGBTQ youth virtually.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Daily Chat Rooms
SMYAL’s daily chat rooms are designed to provide LGBTQ youth with topic-based support groups. Here, you can connect with your peers, build community, and find the support you need.
When: Monday-Friday, 11:00 am-12:00 pm and Tuesday-Friday, 1:30-2:30 pm
Join on the Computer: Visit https://discord.gg/nGjHXn6
Download the App: Download “Discord” from the App Store
Steps to joining:
- Click https://discord.gg/nGjHXn6
- You will see a page that says “Samia_any/all invited you to join SMYAL Virtual Chat Space.” You can either create an account or continue with a one-time username,
- Create a Username: YourName_pronouns
- Create an Account: Enter an email and create an account so you can rejoin a group later. You do not have to create an account to be in the chat.
- Already Have an Account? Select this option and log in to your account
- When you enter the chat, you will be greeted by a welcome message directing you to fill out a Google Form with your Discord username, as well as their name, pronouns, and location. Once you’ve done this, a moderator will add them to the private virtual chat space.
If you are joining on a smartphone, you will be directed to a page that says “Samia_any/all invited you to join SMYAL Virtual Chat Space.”
- Click on “Accept Invite” and download the app.
- Create an account and follow the steps above.
SMYAL’s drop-in programs are open discussions and activities where you can connect with other LGBTQ youth through movie nights, games, and other fun activities!
When: Tuesday-Friday, 4-7 pm
Join by Computer: Click https://zoom.us/j/5620223708
Join by Phone: Call +19292056099 and enter 5620223708#, when prompted.
- Click here on a mobile phone: +19292056099,,5620223708#
Contact: Email Addison.Moore@SMYAL.org or call 571-316-1126
Q Chat Space
When: Friday 4:00-5:30 pm
When: Saturday, March 28th, 10-11 am
This month’s group will take place using a secure Zoom chat room. The space will still be moderated by Rebecca York and Addison Moore, and will only be accessible through a specific link.
Because we are moving to a virtual platform, we are requiring parents/ trusted adults to pre-register their children, and ask that you join us for the first 5 minutes of the program (minimum).
Click HERE to register your child for our March meeting, and receive a copy of the Zoom link. There is no cap to registration, and you can register a young person up until 10AM on the 28th.
We are also exploring other platforms for Little SMYAL’s to play with one another in a safe, facilitated space, throughout the next couple weeks as well. Would your children be interested in an extra hour or two a month centered around a co-operative online game? Let us know!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We have compiled a masterlist of resources for parents and caregivers. Check our Resources page for updates.