What: A FREE, ONLINE conference
Who can go?: Queer and trans/nb youth (and allies) as long as you fall between the ages of 13 and 24 years old
When: July 13th – July 19th, 2020
Where?: The conference is hosted on Zoom and Discord, and pre-registration is required for all Zoom-hosted workshops!
- Ever wanted to learn more about what it means to be a youth organizer?
- Are you already engaging in organizing and activist work in your community, and want to find community with other youth organizers?
- Are you interested in learning more about the systemic oppression behind the protests sweeping the country, in support of Black lives?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you should register for Rise Up!: A National Conference For Queer and Trans Youth Organizers.
What is Rise Up?
Rise Up! is a seven-day, free, online conference that explores what it means to be a young queer organizer today. The conference is open to any queer, trans/ nonbinary and ally youth ages 13-24 years old, with access to the internet.
Workshops will focus on everything from the intersection of race and queerness, to creating sustainable activism, to exploring how we can expand our scope to include transformative and healing justice in our organizing. Our conference prioritizes the voices, organizing, and safety of black and brown queer and trans youth of color. Some topics we’ll cover are listed below:
- Understanding the relationship between power, privilege, and intersectionality
- LGBTQ+ history
- Gender beyond the binary
- Transformative justice
- Safer Sex & Healthy Relationships for queer + trans folks
- Organizing against the prison industrial complex
- Youth organizing for gun violence prevention