The SMYAL LGBT Youth Leadership Awards are individual post-secondary education scholarships of up to $5,000 for Washington, DC Metro Area youth who have demonstrated leadership in their school or community.
The SMYAL LGBT Youth Leadership Award Program will provide up to $20,000 of financial support to offset costs related to continuing ones education, including (but not limited to) technical, and trade school, and two and four year colleges/ universities. Individual awards range up to $5,000 and are paid directly to the student when they begin attending their program of choice.
Self-identified members of the LGBTQ community from the DC Metro Area, who have demonstrated personal growth and leadership in their school or community are encouraged to apply!
- Self-identify as a member of the LGBTQ community
- Have demonstrated personal growth and leadership in your community.
- Not be related to, the spouse of, the domestic partner of any Selection Committee member or SMYAL board or staff member.
- Consider your comfort level with being selected. Winners will have their picture and biography publicized.
- Be under the age of 24
- Be in your last year of high school or have completed your GED
Please check back for 2021 applications.