The SMYAL LGBT Youth Leadership Awards are individual post-secondary education scholarships of up to $5,000 for Washington, DC Metro Area youth who have demonstrated leadership in their school or community.
The SMYAL LGBT Youth Leadership Award Program will provide up to $20,000 of financial support to offset costs related to continuing ones education, including (but not limited to) technical, and trade school, and two and four year colleges/ universities. Individual awards range up to $5,000 and are paid directly to the student when they begin attending their program of choice.
Self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) high school seniors from the DC Metro Area, who have demonstrated personal growth and leadership in their school or community are encouraged to apply!
- Self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender (LGBT).
- Have demonstrated personal growth and leadership in your community.
- Not be related to, the spouse of, the domestic partner of any Selection Committee member or SMYAL board or staff member.
- Consider your comfort level with being selected. Winners will have their picture and biography publicized.
- Be under the age of 21
- Be in your last year of high school or have completed your GED