SMYAL LGBT YOUTH LEADERSHIP AWARD
The SMYAL LGBT Youth Leadership Awards are individual college scholarships of up to $2,000 for Washington, DC Metro Area students who have demonstrated leadership in their school or community.
The SMYAL LGBT Youth Leadership Award Program will provide up to $10,000 of financial support to offset the cost of college expenses including, but not limited to, tuition, housing, room and board or books. Individual awards range up to $2,000 and are paid directly to the student in their first semester of college. Winners must be enrolled in a fully accredited two or four year college/university no later than Spring 2018, or actively applying to college. Awards will be made to students once enrolled and attending their selected college/university.
Self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) high school seniors from the DC Metro Area, who have demonstrated personal growth and leadership in their school or community are encouraged to apply!
- Self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender (LGBT).
- Have demonstrated personal growth and leadership in your community.
- Not be related to, the spouse of, the domestic partner of any Selection Committee member or SMYAL board or staff member.
- Consider your comfort level with being selected. Winners will have their picture and biography publicized.
- Be a high senior in the Washington, DC Metro Area.